[ANN] SARInstaller v12 on SqueakMap

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Nov 2 18:39:24 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 02 November 2002 08:40 am, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> > Hey, it's pretty cool...
> >
> > I wrote the file names in the additionalFiles, they're in the
> > archive, I see the preamble is going to extract them, but one thing
> > bothers me - their path in the archive seems to be absolute,
> > instead of relative. Why is that?
>
> Do you mean that it gave them names starting with '/'?
Yup. And whole oodles of path after that and before the file name.

> Did you have
> absolute names in additionalFiles?
Hey, I may be dumb, but I aint stupid... plain file names (see below).

> > BTW, the code for extracting refers to them only by name, without
> > path.
>
> The names in the archive should be whatever ones you gave in
> additionalFiles.
>
> When you open the SAR using the ArchiveViewer, what are the names you
> see there? I'm assuming you're not using WinZip or something to look
> at these archives...
Nope, I used the archive viewer, and that's where I saw those paths.

> > The base file Refactory.st is relative.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> What do you have in additionalFiles?
additionalFiles
	^#('AbstractVariableTestData.st'
		'ChildrenToSiblingTest.st'
		'InlineMethodTest.st')

> And the members have the same names.
Unfortunately, my Squeak disagrees.
Maybe it's because they're only file names, without any sort of path?
Nope. When I changed it to RBTestFiles/AbstractVariableTestData.st I got
the exact same thing.

> --
> Ned Konz
> http://bike-nomad.com