DVS and lfs

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 4 00:24:11 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Hi Avi, all.
>
> Well, filing out using DVS adds lf to my line endings.
>
> Avi, you said before that this comes from working with CVS, which
> requires it.
>
> Is there some way us non-CVS users can avoid this, hmm, feature? ;-)

How about using CrLfFileStream?  I'm not sure why people *don't* turn
this on.  If you leave it off, then you are implicitly saying that
"Squeak text files" are the same as "OS text files", which is only true
on Mac's.  If you just turn on CrLfFileStream, then all of your text
files will start working properly.

IMHO, CrLfFileStream should be the default file class in Squeak.  It's
proven its worth and stability, and people who don't use it keep
painfully reinventing it.

Lex