[ANN] Spaghetti Tracer (0.4)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 15:46:51 UTC 2002

PhiHo,

>     I should have been more clearer here.
>     I just need Metaclass, ProtoObject and supporting cast.
>
>     What are these supporting objects ?
>     Is there an alogorithm to find them ?

Yup, it's called "thinking" ;-) Here are a few starting points:
a) You will need compiled methods
b) They have literals
c) They are run within contexts
d) They are run within some process

>From a) we can derive that we need CompiledMethod, MethodDictionary and
superclasses
>From b) we can derive that we need all "literal classes" (String,
Symbol, Integer, Float, Boolean, Association...)
>From c) we can derive that we need MethodContext and BlockContext (plus
superclasses)
>From d) we can derive that we need Process, Semaphore and
ProcessorScheduler (plus superclasses)

An extra worthwhile thought is about "Smalltalk specialObjectsArray"
which contains a number of well-known objects and classes (which for the
most part *must* be present).

Put them all into a big pot, stir a bit and see what happens ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas