[Q] Swiki under FreeBSD

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 01:25:38 UTC 2002

On Monday 04 November 2002 10:22 pm, Chris Burkert wrote:
> Hi
>
> I plan to run a Swiki under FreeBSD without X !!! So I tried the Linux
> Download at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/11 but it didn't work.
>
> Isn't it possible to distribute a platformindependent Swikiimage ? Why
> is this platformdependent at all ???

Really, the pws list is the best place for this, but......

Why didn't the Linux version work? What happened? I'm astounded by the
resilience of Comanche: I'm using the same image I used in 2.2 in 2.4. It's
ancient!

The vm is platform dependent, the image is not. If you could find a BSD vm,
you could run the Comanche image from that.

I'm not sure of the performance plusses and minuses, but Linux is the main
development platform for Comanche.

Cheers

John