Minimal images [was: Re: [ANN] Spaghetti Tracer (0.4)]

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Tue Nov 5 21:17:52 UTC 2002

Hi Jon,

<Quote>
What I'd really like to do is add a simple zip/unzip to the VM, so the
image can be stored on the disk in compressed form, and decompressed on the
fly in memory as it is loaded. With the platform I am working on (the Axis
board), I have much more RAM than FLASH, so my needs are a little different
than most small platforms.
</Quote>

    I think that is doable, but take into consideration the overhead of the,
say,  non-compressed ZlibPlugin on 'disk', and in RAM.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.