Squeaker eager to play Croquet ( GAH! Flash! )

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Nov 6 03:44:38 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Fisher <gafisher at sprynet.com> writes:

Gary> Given the scope and vision of Croquet I'm not sure advanced web features are
Gary> out of place, though normal practice is to include a "plain vanilla" index
Gary> page for those who, by choice or need, use browsers of limited capacity.
Gary> Reading the .pdf and website info it seems unlikely, though, that Croquet
Gary> will appeal to, or even function for, those who cannot or will not use
Gary> graphically rich user interfaces.

Well, how well does Scamper work on the website?

That's the real test, isn't it?

Or Mozilla, if you're in a power-user open-source mood.

But I'm a firm believer in "graceful degradation".  Not everyone can
"upgrade", and not everyone wants to.

Javascript and Flash should never be used for navigation, without
giving a good plain A HREF="http://.." alternative somewhere, even if
it's not as pretty.

OK, just my opinion.  But I've been around the web for a while now. :)