debugging OpenGL on Windows

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Wed Nov 6 21:50:25 UTC 2002

Andreas,

> > I'm trying to diagnose some OpenGL oddities on Windows from a distance
> > and the folks at the other end tell me there is no data being written to
> > Squeak3D.log (there is on my Mac). Is there some magic to get stuff to
> > appear here?
>
> I remember Andreas saying something about the log showing up in odd
> places. Maybe the latest VM helps, or just search for it on all drives ;-)

    I am lucky, my log files are always in the Croquet directory.

    The 'Squeak3D.log' says:

        ERROR (glAllocateTexture): glGenTextures() failed --
GL_INVALID_VALUE

    The 'SqueakDebug.log' says:

            6 November 2002 4:41:20 pm
            Error: MessageNotUnderstood: boundingBox

            VM: Win32 - Squeak3.3alpha of 24 January 2002 [latest update:
#4967]
            Image: TeaSqueak3.2 [latest update: #276]

    Please find the rest in attached log file.

    Any ideas, Andreas.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.