An uncomfortable question

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Nov 7 06:18:18 UTC 2002

> Hi everybody!
>
> Just a note, before the Squeak BOF yesterday here at OOPSLA we sat down
> (like 20 people including Michael for SqC) and discussed the current
> situation regarding the "modules issue" and where to go from here.
>
> I have Michael sitting beside me right now and we will within the next
> hours write down a summary of the decisions we came up with and post
> it.
>
> regards, Gˆran
>
> PS. The BOF had 11 presentations and a full room se the community looks
> "in shape". The last one really turned into the big subject of
> discussion right afterwards - Traits. It sure looks tremendously
> promising and many of us really think it could be a "next step" for
> Squeak Smalltalk. IMHO. We will see. :-) D

Traits are really cool because they scale much more than mixins and
allow
reuse a la multiple inheritance without the problem of multiple
inheritance.

Goran could you give a list of presentations?
I wish I would have been there.

Stef

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/