Traits and Glue (Re: An uncomfortable question)

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Thu Nov 7 10:36:06 UTC 2002

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 09:55  Uhr, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> We are writing a paper on that, it should be ready at the end of the
> month.
> We explain there all the problems of mixins composition and the fact
> that the mixin glue is spread among too much classes.

OK, that makes sense.  Incidentally, I really like the notion of "glue"
that you guys have been developing.  I think it ties in very nicely
with the idea of "first class connectors" that the software
architecture people are talking about, and of course Alan's "Ma".

A lot of the stuff that's part of my "abstraction engine" work can also
be characterized very nicely as glue.

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com