Squeak License

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Thu Nov 7 11:37:55 UTC 2002

> From: cg at cdegroot.com (Cees de Groot)
> Date: 7 Nov 2002 09:19:52 +0100
>
> John M McIntosh <johnmci at mac.com> said:
> >Fonts are a non-issue search on squeak and accufonts
> >
> Well, there's still the license referring to the fonts, even if you
> remove the fonts themselves :-).
>
> (besides, I haven't had much luck with alternative fonts - either they don't
> look as good as the standard fonts or things like the left-arrow are missing).

If you convert the fonts to BDF you can hack in the left arrow yourself, as
well as the up arrow.  That's what I did; I converted my favorite X fonts
to BDF, used xmbdfed and it worked nicely.  Converting a font to BDF is
pretty easy; Ian Piumarta posted a method recently.

I'm not sure why the default font selection in squeak is so limited,
though.

Mike