Where Squeak is Headed [was: Module discussion]

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 8 08:11:01 UTC 2002

Hi Croquers Core

I still could not see it running (mac) but the pdf shows already a lot.
I have one question regarding Dan's email that was really important for
me.

> Croquet
> The whole Squeak Central team continues to stay in touch and we work
> together off and on as the occasion arises (like fixing bugs for Alan
> ;-).  We are all intrigued with Croquet, but at this formative stage
> it is clear that the core group there needs above all to keep its
> focus, independent of the rest of us and the Squeak community in
> general.  Apart from the fact that there isn't money for others,
> magical things are happening as they take the "end users first"
> philosophy into the world of collaborative 3-D.
>
> That said, it is my hope that, by tracking the Croquet work as closely
> as possible, we may be able to co-evolve Squeak so that it will
> continue to be the environment of choice for future generations of
> Croquet.

What are the differences between Croquet and Squeak?
I think that this is important in terms of synergy, critical
mass....that Croquet and Squeak really co-evolve
or let say it in another way are built on the same core.
Are they inherent difficulties?

Then Andreas how do you see SqueakScript in the picture? a core for
SqCroq ?

Stef