Croquet under linux problems

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Nov 10 00:20:51 UTC 2002

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, David A. Smith wrote:

> That is correct - I kept the OpenGL morph around just in case I needed to
> perform some very simple OpenGL tests. The GLX class has changed a lot
> recently, so it is a bit out of date. In any case, not really useful.
>
> There is a class that tests the OpenGL setup. Just run:
>
> TGraphicsTest open
>
> and click on the "run tests" at the top of the resulting window.

Quite interesting. I get the following. At least the summary is correct.
Maybe the expected log format should be documented somewhere ;^)

Tea graphics tests starting...

Looking for log file Squeak3D.log ... success
Deleting old log file ... success
Here is the entire log:

---- Creating new renderer ----

#### Selected GLX visual #35 (depth: 24) ####

#### Created GLX context ####

#### Created window ####

### Renderer created! ###

--- Destroying renderer ---

ANALYSIS:
This hardware has NO accelerated OpenGL support whatsoever (bad news).
If the hardware is indeed 3D capable, you will need to obtain OpenGL
drivers from your vendor.
This hardware has no sufficient depth buffer support (bad news).
A depth buffer of at least 16 bit is required by Tea.
This hardware has NO stencil buffer support (bad news).
Stencil buffer support is required by Tea.

SUMMARY: This system should be capable of running Tea just fine.

-- Bert