[Q]Automatically reoprting walkbacks(was: Re: Croquet walkback)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Nov 10 18:36:12 UTC 2002

Torge.Husfeldt wrote:

> Hi List,
> Am 09.11.2002 10:48:53 schrieb Bert Freudenberg :
>
> [snip]
>
> >[ENH] If anybody looks for a really useful tiny project: Make the text in
> >the debugger notifier selectable. This way people could easily paste it
> >into their email client.
>
> This might be a good idea, i'd even like a feature like "Mail bug report
> to squeak-dev list" as an extra button in the pre-debug dialog.
> (Have i dreamt it or did i see such a thing already?)
> For this it would be really helpful if there where a special generic
> eMail adress for this feature i.e a way to quickly mail a message to the
> list without having configured celeste or even being member of the list.
> Which are the possibilities?

Funny, some of us at OOPSLA were talking about just that.  We were
thinking that there should be such a button and if you had SqueakMap
installed, it could try to determine which package contained the code
that errored and email the stack info to the package maintainer or
something. Not sure what the default action if you didn't have squeakmap
would be...

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)