[ANN] Refactoring Browser (0.92)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun Nov 10 00:51:39 UTC 2002

Hi David and everybody!

David Farber <dfarber at numenor.com> wrote:

> "- Installed SARInstaller (since the RB did not appear as installable until I did so, only appeared as downloadable)"
>
> Aha!! I couldn't figure out at first why RB didn't even show up on the SM Package Loader. After a while, I noticed that it (and a dozen or so other packages) showed up if I unchecked the 'display only auto-installable packages'. But I never did figure out how to install it.
>
> Note to SqueakMap maintainer: I know that SqueakMap is coming together quickly, but a new release that included the SARInstaller by default might be nice and would avoid future confusion along these lines.

Yes, I will fix that (somehow). Currently you would typically install
both "SAR installer" and "DVS" (on top of SqueakMap) in order to get
access to as many packages as possible. They shouldn't be included by
default I think - but a little question to the user if they should be
installed or something would of course help out. The UI should of course
also be a little bit more helpful than "not showing anything" - but the
architecture behind how those menu choices are presented is also being
rewritten as we speak.

regards, Göran