Board is forming...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 12 06:51:04 UTC 2002

"Bill Schwab" <BILLS at ANEST4.ANEST.UFL.EDU> wrote:
> Göran,
>
> 48 hours is hereby granted :)

Thanks! :-)

> Speaking for myself, an attempted coup never occured to me.  The
> only (hopefully unwarranted) concern I can envision would be that
> this represents a meltdown of SqC.  Hopefully it will instead work
> out to give them some help with configuration management issues,
> and ideally do a better job of harvesting.

SqC still exists, but if I have the correct picture it is more like a
loose group of skilled people that knows each other very good and most
of them still use Squeak as their vehicle of choice. Anyway, another way
of seeing it is that SqC has "waited" for this moment - when the
community takes its first stumbling steps to actually take over the
responsibility of seeing after our little mouse. :-)

So the SqC people are still around - it's just that we can't let them do
all the hard work anymore - they simply don't have the resources (time)
as they used to. But we should of course take advantage of all their
experience in order to move forward together. And this might even turn
out to be good for us all - Dan can then for example focus on helping
out where his expertise counts the most - not just collecting updates
etc.

> BTW, I've never been totally clear on how harvesting was/is
> supposed to work, so you might want to explain that even if you
> have no plans to change it.

Well, we have plans to change it! :-) Let us get back to you on that in
the mission statement, ok?

> Thanks for helping!
>
> Bill

regards, Göran