Image factoring

Colin Putney cputney at whistler.com
Tue Nov 12 23:29:38 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 12:32  PM, Ned Konz wrote:

>> Do we want to stick to the post-to-the-list-then-harvest pattern?
>> I've attached my PWS work here for those interested, I'll be happy
>> to post to SqueakMap instead, or wherever the new update stream
>> maintainers would prefer.
>
> I think we need to set up a new category on SqueakMap for these
> removal/stripping scripts. Perhaps the new SqueakMap UIs can hide the
> strippers so that people don't get confused and accidentally remove
> things from their images.

Well, I meant I'd post the PWS package to SqueakMap. I don't think
stripping scripts should be posted on SM. SM is for packages - a set of
classes and methods that add functionality. I think removal change sets
should go into the update stream so that the base image gets smaller.

Colin Putney
Whistler.com