[BUG] Error loading AspectS.4.5 "AsArroundWrapper cannot be recompiled"

Robert Hirschfeld robert.hirschfeld at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 21:14:22 UTC 2002

Brent --

This kind of error happens during the installation of AspectS
if there is already another version of it installed in the image.
The reason for that is that MethodWrappers are subclasses of
CompiledMethod that are special since they support both
pointer- and non-pointer-fields, and Squeak does not allow
to create such classes other than CompiledMethod. A while back,
Dan helped to make MethodWrappers work nonetheless, and one
of the consequences is that before each reinstall of AspectS
all wrapper classes have to be removed. To remove all classes
that are part of AspectS, evaluate

    AsAspect removeAspectSCategories.

before reinstalling it. I should have mentioned that in the
preamble of the change set, but apparently forgot to do so.

Best,
-Robert

                          Robert Hirschfeld
                  mailto:hirschfeld at acm.org