[ENH] Request a little more help text for SM-Loader

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 13 00:58:57 UTC 2002

When opening the SMLoader for the first time we get a very blank stare
from the UI. I'd like to suggest that the text in SMLoader>contents be
expanded to let people know how to actually see something and stop
hyperventilating. I'd suggest the text, but it is much more likely that
the author will know the proper explanations than I.

Actually, as a generic UI suggetion I'd offer the thought that whenever
you have a text view in an app. that is not showing anything it really
ought to be showing some basic instructions on how to proceed. Clearly
this isn't appropriate in all cases but I'll bet it would reduce
confusion in a goodly number of cases.

tim
Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.