[ENH] Request a little more help text for SM-Loader

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 13 03:00:39 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 05:36 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Yah, I've just updated to the 3.4 level and tried SM for the first
> time. Any sensible explanations that can be presented would help.

OK:

There are several filters which limit which packages that are
displayed in the SMLoader's list.

If you bring up a yellow-button menu on the upper left hand (package
list) pane, you'll see several checkboxes that are set.

Unset these (especially the "display only packages for current
version" one) and you'll see more packages.

Until we have a SM category for Squeak 3.4, we can change the default
filters to show at least the 3.2 packages.

I'd actually be in favor of showing all the packages; their context
menu will be limited to the operations that are actually possible on
them.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com