Porting Squeak to Java VM

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Nov 13 07:06:24 UTC 2002

Cees de Groot wrote:

> Norton, Chris <chrisn at Kronos.com> said:
> >I'd just love to be able to do all of my surfing from Squeak.  :-)
> >
> Metoo. However, I think there are alternate and probably more useful
> approaches:
> - Make Scamper better. There's enough code to sniff at (e.g. Konqueror), and
>   probably small bits of work (tables, Javascript) would go a long way. Who's
>   in charge of Scamper and how can we parallelize this effort?;

Iv been hacking away for a long time on tables and it seems to slip trough
my hands all the time. Some coordination and joint effort should bring
us a
long step forward. In my browsing I run across flash/ shockwave stuff
more
often than java. Hooking in the flash classes in Scamper and updating
the
flash stuff to newest specs would also do a lot.

Maybe the SqueakMap effort will make thing clearer, as packages are separated.

Karl