Help with SM

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 13 02:42:52 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I used 3.4a and loaded SM Package Loader but I only see
> > blinkingParenthesis. How do I see other packages?

Now that I think about it - Scott also explained this in the
announcement.

> > How can I create and publish one package?

Simple. Just go to http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm and register your
package.
I think the registration form is helpful and clear enough, but do help
me with improving it.

And yes, I know this should be available from within Squeak, but
currently it isn't.

Note also that SqueakMap is a catalog - not a repository (yet). So you
need to first produce your package (a simple filout will do - use
compression also, like .st.gz or .cs.gz) and put it up on the net on a
http/ftp url.

Then you register it using the form at
http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/regpackage

And that's it! And when you release a new version or want to refine the
registration you click on your package on
http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagesbyname (or using the browse
link or whatever) and then click "Edit registration" at the bottom.

regards, Göran