Testing & Veification of Packages (was RE: Image factoring)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Wed Nov 13 16:38:28 UTC 2002

> Speaking strictly for myself,
> I don't think the out-of-box user experience
> for Squeak should be equivalent to
> the "custom" install of Debian where
> you have to pick from all of those 10000 packages
> the ones you want to load.

    This is not exactly what I meant.

>>     Let the package maintainers take the reponsibility.
>>     (with help from the community).
>>
>>   With proper mechanism, there will be
>> thousands of boxes to pick from.

> I hope so! I, for one, will be providing
> a SM package that will load up
> a Connectors image ready to use for drawing.

    This is more like what I have in mind,
    and don't forget that besides package maintainers
    there are also Squeak educators and authors.
    (there may be even more than maintainers ;)

    Together, they would satisfy almost all needs
    for newbie and 'regular' Squeakers.

    Of course, I wouldn't bother to configure
    an image for Les Trois Croqueteers. ;-)

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.