[BUG][YAXO][3.4a] version madness

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Nov 13 23:44:00 UTC 2002

Avi Bryant wrote:
> The version of YAXO included in the update stream of 3.4a is considerably
> older than the version posted on SqueakMap - to the point that packages

Well, not really. The date in the change set is much newer, but the
contents are identical to the code in 3.4 (initial release + fixes). (I
just did a diff against each other)

> written on top of one won't work on the other.  It might avoid some

Do you have an example for that? Is it 3.4 vs 3.2+Yaxo or 3.4+Yaxo?

> However, the send to #key is incorrect - it should be #name instead.  Or
> am I missing something?  This looks like an artifact from an older version
> of the API.

It looks like you are right. I will post an update and update the SM
package as well.

YAXO is obviously one of the candidates to be removed from the core
image and replaced by an external package. As soon as we figure out how
we will do this in general in the future.

Michael