[ANN] StarBrowser for Squeak

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 13 15:38:21 UTC 2002

Hello,
after requests from several people at the ESUG event in Douai and at
OOPSLA, I decided to spend my airplane time wisely and implement a
first version of the StarBrowser for Squeak :-) The results can be
downloaded from the StarBrowser webpages
(http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/StarBrowser/index.html). I will make
them available via SqueakMap as well, but did not have time to do that
yet...

Note that this is still a first version, that has no support for
drag&drop or a menu to change services. But it has support to edit
anything you put in there with an editor, and to edit classes with a
class browser. See the class ItemEditor for more information. Since
there is no drag&drop yet, you might do the following to populate your
classifications:
1. open the starbrowser by evaluating StarBrowser open
2. click on 'Root'.
3. in the inspector that appears, type: 'self add: Array' to add Array
to root. You can add anything you like, including new classifications.
Look at the ExtentionalClassification and IntentionalClassification
classes to see how to add classifications.
4. When yo click Array (or any other class), the editor will be a class
browser

Next I will add drag&drop support and menu items to switch between
classifications, and a more recent version of the classifications that
I have running in VisualWorks right now.

--
Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group