[ENH] Request a little more help text for SM-Loader

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Nov 14 10:52:53 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> The reasons for not showing all packages -
> 1. Don't show irrelevant packages.
> 2. If you (packager) want people to see your package, give it the right
> categories, and make it installable.
>
> I agree that seeing nothing is not nice. Though it should be rare - only
> happens for alpha images, and for a short while at that.

I agree. And I do think people should be able to find the menu at least
(and thus the filters) - I mean what are we, click-and-droolers? Every
darn tool in Squeak uses menues.

> There - now you know my thinking, let me know if you still think
> something else would be better. I'm not dogmatic on this.
>
> BTW - it seems some people don't catch the help in the menu. Better

It seems some people don't even bother to find the menu before posting
on the list and that is simply not your fault. There are limits IMHO.

Another thing though - now we have 3.2.1 too. Sigh. Should I add a new
version on SM?

regards, Göran