[ANN][IMPORTANT] Mission statement

Alain Hoang hoanga at mac.com
Fri Nov 15 06:42:01 UTC 2002

Hello there,

	I've been lurking in the background but I couldn't resist jumping in
for this topic on naming.

Non-seriously
--------------------
How about The SqueaKeys?  :-)  After all the guides are the keys to
opening up squeak for everyone else.
Or the Guides who say Squeak?   Sorry... that's a bad Monty Python
reference...

	On a more serious note...  looking up some mythology related to mice
it seems that an Indian god rides a mouse as his steed.   It seems the
mouse is an interesting symbol since it knows no boundaries as it can
chew its way through anything.  Perhaps the chewing part isn't a good
image but the no boundaries seems to embody the squeak community quite
well.
http://webonautics.com/mythology/ganesha11.html
http://www.indiaprofile.com/religion-culture/ganesha.htm
http://www.church-of-the-holy-grail.org/mouse.htm

	Looking at some west european mythology and folklore it seems mice
were considered messengers of the devil.  :-(.  Don't think that makes
a good starting point.  Also note that in The Hitchhikers Guide to the
Galaxy it was the mice who tried to save the earth but the humans got
in the way.
	Maybe that gives some other starting points?

Best regards,
Alain