RFC - Contents of first Squeak version by Guides

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Nov 15 08:00:28 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:

Almost missed this one in the recent flurry of emails...

>  - Scamper (volunteers? warning - requires starting to refactor and
> separate out some of the HTML/URL stuff in the image - not for the faint
> of heart ;-)

I've been working on the URL/URI part of it and the issue of HTTP
requests etc. Please keep me in the loop.

>  - Sockets should be usable in a "quiet" mode, so they bring up
> exceptions instead of UI, letting the application decide what to do on
> time outs/problems.

Just posted a rewrite that does exactly this :-)

Maybe we should award a buck for every Button class that gets removed
from the image. Your chance to get rich quick ;-)

Michael