SqueakNic 4: 30.11.2002 Karlsruhe/Germany

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Nov 15 12:21:54 UTC 2002

SqueakNic 4: 30.11.2002  Karlsruhe/Germany

What is a SqueakNic ? It's something like a mix beetween a picnic and
a coding party around Squeak and Smalltalk. The idea is to show what
you want around Squeak (demonstrations, tools, research projects, ...)
in a very friendly environment around computers (and pizza ?). We
invite all Squeakers and other developpers from all Smalltalk flavors
to join this event to share their enthusiasm and knowledge.

Contact : marcus at ira.uka.de

When : Sat 30th November  12:00-Open End.
Where: Main Computer-Science Building, University of Karlsruhe.
       see http://i30www.ira.uka.de/aboutus/contactus/visitingus.php
        (thanks to the System Architecture Group for the only real good
         english version of this page... but keep in mind that they have
         nothing to do with SqueakNic at all, all questions should be
         send to marcus at ira.uka.de)

The main Event will be Sat. 12pm-18pm, so it should be possible for
lots of people to attend without having to get a hotel (Karlsruhe is
only 3h from Bern by train...)
If someone wants to stay the weeked, please send me an email till
end of next week. I will organise things for Friday evening, Sat
evening and Sunday (morning, early afternoon)

  Friday Evening:  19h Beer. Somewhere.
  Sat Evening:     Vogel: http://www.vogelbraeu.de/
  Sunday:          ZKM "Center for Art and Media" http://on1.zkm.de/zkm/e/

The Center for Art And Media

 As a cultural institution, the Center for Art and Media (ZKM) in Karlsruhe
 holds a unique position in the world. It responds to the rapid developments
 in information technology and today's changing social structures. Its work
 combines production and research, exhibitions and events, coordination and
 documentation.

 In a spacious ambiente, visitors can enjoy events and tours, view public
 exhibitions or visit the Mediathek. The Center is a platform for
 experimentation and discussion, with a mission to participate actively in
 working towards the future and engage in the ongoing debate about the
 sensible and meaningful use of technology.

If enough people are interested, I can organize an english-language guided
tour of ZKM.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de