about events

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 15 15:40:39 UTC 2002

Hi all

Chris Burkert wrote:

> Should Morph>>on:send:to: be replaced with Object>>when:send:to: and
> the trigger message ? If yes I could take a look at this.

May I ask the upper Question again. Perhaps you missed it in the last
days full of giant steps. I hope it's not a stupid Question, but I'd
better ask instead of leaving it.

Do we need the Morphic EventHandler or could this be solved with events
in Objects trigger mechanism ?

I've took a look at both and I would say the trigger mechanism is more
elegant. Because of the changed interface in 3.4a we could design a new,
possibly faster Morph for 3.4. Of course that's much work. What do you
think ?

Regards
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chbu at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de