New update stream (was Re: [Squeakfoundation]Order of business ...)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Nov 16 14:25:15 UTC 2002

Maybe my enthusiasm about the whole direction we're going colored my
mail in a way I didn't intend (and I apologize if so), but I really
meant it as a question - if you/SqC prefer to release 3.4 (you've
already done a whole lot of work on it, at a speed and quality it will
probably take us a while to approach), that is completely fine by me.

My only hurry is to know how you prefer to go about it, so I know what
front to advance on. If you release 3.4, including putting whatever last
touches you feel it needs, I will work on preparing some of the
refactorings ready for the image. I'm sure all of us guides will be glad
of a little more time to get our respective ideas in order, making SM a
little more ready, picking up the submitted changesets for the last few
months, and so forth.

If the taste of freedom has you hooked already :-), OTOH, we'll be glad
to take you up on your offer of a bridge, we can use any help and advice
you can offer.

> This is a lot of work, people -- stressful, exacting, time-consuming,
> uncelebrated, unpaid.
Hmm, that reminds me a whole lot of my day job! ;-)

Daniel