[FIX][BUG]StandardSystemView, TextStyle

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 16 16:41:13 UTC 2002

On Saturday 16 November 2002 01:07 am, Webb McDonald wrote:
> Maybe I'm using old techniques here, but TextStyle refers to some
> lingering, defunct code.  I am trying to use the class method -
> #changeDefaultFontSizeBy:  from TextStyle.
> #initDefaultFontsAndStyle  might be out-of-date as well.
>
> These just clean out the bad references (to a nonexistent class,
> ScheduledControllers).
>
> Perhaps also I should be changing the default font a more modern
> way.
>
> The best way is probably shown here:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/506
> but its so easy for me to just increment the index over to NY-15
> from NY-12, so I prefer the TextStyle method from above.

The method changeDefaultFontSizeBy: appears to be written for the MVC
environment. Don't use it in Morphic.

You're probably using Morphic.

ScheduledControllers is not a nonexistent class, it's a global
referring to the sole instance of a controller *when you're in MVC*.

You can find this by doing a command-N on ScheduledControllers, or
searching for "method source containing it", which will show more
places it's referred to.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com