[LOOKHERE] New Zaurus slaughters earlier Zauri

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Nov 17 07:07:08 UTC 2002

Brian Keefer wrote:
> > http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/news/217044
>
> I'd love the bigger battery and a REAL speaker, but I cannot live with
> only 32 megs of RAM. The C++ apps slaughter ram on the Zaurus, and I
> can still run short with 40MB (using swap on the ramdisk). If they kept
> the 64MB ram, then I'd strongly consider selling my soul for it.

SANITY CHECK:

IBM DOS 7.0, drivers, QEMM97, TSRs, Windows 3.11, Dashboard 3.0, and
Wetscrape 4.08 only are only using 17,183K out of 48megs. on my 486 at
this very minute.

I'm going easy on it because the 486 is not as stable as it used to be
and I use my athlon for most of my web browsing but even with several
browser windows, an IRC client, media player, and A DOS window, I would
still be using less than 30 MB...

I love how meiserly old software is. =)

--
pain (n): see Linux.