[LOOKHERE] New Zaurus slaughters earlier Zauri

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sun Nov 17 20:14:11 UTC 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Alan Grimes wrote:

> SANITY CHECK:
>
> IBM DOS 7.0, drivers, QEMM97, TSRs, Windows 3.11, Dashboard 3.0, and
> Wetscrape 4.08 only are only using 17,183K out of 48megs. on my 486 at
> this very minute.

On my Newton 2100, a PDA, running an IRC client (ChatBuddy), twodifferent
web browsers (Newt's Cape and NetHopper), a spreadsheet and working on
NewtonScript code takes up about 200K of object heap.  And, unlike
attempting to use Windows 3.x for any "real work," it doesn't crash on the
half-hour chime.  I don't have 48 MB of compbined storage on the Newton,
between object heap and package and data storage I'm working with 25 MB,
and with no problems. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn