[SqueakMap][Request For Package] O'Keefe's Collections

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Nov 18 00:27:43 UTC 2002

Brent Vukmer wrote:
    > I think that it would be very cool to have Richard O'Keefe's collected
    > changes to the Collection hierarchy ( not least of which, his comments
    > on various classes/methods! ), available as a SqueakMap package.
but before I could reply,
Brian T Rice <water at tunes.org> wrote:
    Nathaniel Schaerli seems to be doing this with his "traits" system, which
    will be released soon. Judging from following Richard's comments fairly
    closely, that would be an easier base for him to build upon, since it
    includes cleaning up the 'type hierarchy'.

Exactly so.  That looks like extremely interesting work, and I wouldn't
be surprised if I was left with little or nothing to say/do when it's out.

(Right now I am frantically trying to finish the writeup of a redesign I
did for a functional language.  I made the mistake of trying to fold in
the work I did on adapting the lexical structure to Unicode, and while it
isn't all _that_ complicated (that's the point, really) Unicode _is_
awfully hard to explain well.)