Balloon3D refactored

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 11:13:56 UTC 2002

Hi David,

> I tried following this through on my 3.4a image running on linux.  The
> removal and (re)installation of Balloon3D seems to work okay.  However,
> when I then try to save the image, I get a walkback:
>
> 	MessageNotUnderstood: suspendAcceleration
> 	AnObsoleteAdvancedB3DSceneMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderStand:
> 	MessageSend>>value
> 	etc.
>
> and the environment locks up, i.e. I have to kill it from a second
> shell.  I've found two instances of AdvancedB3DSceneMorph, however I
> seem unable to remove them directly -- any suggestions?

Hm... interesting. Try checking the trash can - these guys might be hiding
there. In any case you would have to get rid of them *before* you remove this
stuff - that is until I find a way of at least determining the problem and
throw an error or do something more intelligent about it. BTW, if you can find
these guys let me know where they're hiding - it might be worthwhile to make
up a list of "places to look for" when something like this happens.

> By the way, at some point -- and I can't find it now -- I thought I saw
> that Croquet was built on a modified version of the B3D engine.  If this
> is the case, what is the relationship between the refactored version of
> Balloon3D, and the graphics support underlying Croquet?  If there are
> differences, will there be convergence in the near future?

Boy, why do you think I am doing this??? ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas