[SqueakMap][Request For Package] Crosby's Full-Text Search

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Mon Nov 18 19:39:15 UTC 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> Anybody got time to build a SqueakMap package out of Scott Crosby's work
> on text index-and-search work?

Hope Scott does :)

> I may try to do it, if I can find the time .. but I thought maybe Bijan
> Parsia or someone else might get it done quicker/better.  Speaking of
> Bijan, what's new, man?  I miss your posting to the list!

Heh, moved from North Carolina to Maryland to start a job at the
University of Maryland at College Park. It's a predoc-postdoc (which, yes,
means I *still* haven't finished the damn dissertation, blah) working in a
Semantic Web research group (yes, CS isn't my field, but there you go :)).
This all happened this summer and this fall I've been swamped co-teaching
an "AI on the Web" graduate class (my motto: Those who can, do. Those who
can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach grad school :))

So, I've been terribly swamped, but also very excited by all the stuff
happening in Squeakland.

> Here's the list of index-and-search changes, as best I can tell, by
> email date and (summarized) topic:
>
> 2002-02-18 ( IdentityHash )
>  2002-02-18 ( Misc enhancements and fixes )
> 2002-02-18 ( Skiplist refactor )
> 2002-02-18 ( String enhancements and refactor )
> 2002-02-18 ( VM changes )
> 2002-02-21  ( Full GC fix )
> 2002-04-13 ( Faster String equality )

Scott's stuff should probably be bundled up into several packages.

hmm. I don't see the actual full-text search bits there.

Cheers,
Bijan "Oh yes, the glories of DAML-S" Parsia.