[Fix][Enh]ShrinkingSelection(v0.2 ParenBlinking compatibility (was: Re: Behavior of Shift+arrow))

Torge.Husfeldt Torge.Husfeldt at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 13:33:54 UTC 2002

Yes,
You were right,
the version i posted conflicted with ParenBlinking.
I fixed this so now hopefully both additions may coexist peacefully.
Note though that filing in ParenBlinking after ShrinkingSelection
will most probably severely break things.
I think this would be easily avoided with a little bit more granularity
in the class definition.
In lieu of saving a whole class definition with each change it would
be really helpful to only save the changes (i.e a set of change identifiers along the lines of:
- addInstanceVariableNamed:
- removeInstanceVariableNamed:
- renameInstanceVariable: toBe:
[same for class variables and maybe Pools]
- ChangeSuperclass:toBe: (or with only one parameter if you don't count on finding conflicts)
- ChangeSystemCategora:toBe:

And of course some kind of compatiblity fileOut package (maybe a bit more sophisticated than my
last attempt on such a beast)

I attached the corrected (but not tested) version.

Regards,
Torge