[BUG] ParenMatching breaks keyboard input in MVC

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Nov 19 00:52:48 UTC 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Brian T Rice wrote:

> While trying out the BitEditor in MVC, I discovered that one of my
> installed packages was preventing keystrokes from being entered, except
> for alt-. and perhaps others. I'll look into why this is happening, but
> perhaps a more MVC-savvy person can give some insight into what the bad
> interaction is.

Brian,

I bet this is because ParenBlinking makes ParagraphEditor a subclass of
MouseMenuController instead of ScrollController.

This is because I wanted to use it in images that had run #discardMVC
(which makes the same change).  To make it work with MVC, likely all you
have to do is set the superclass back.

Cheers,
Avi