Leaving mail on pop server

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 19 01:09:14 UTC 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 04:01:39PM -0800, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> danielv at netvision.net.il is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>
> > Now also added a POP "QUIT" to closing the pop connection, so deleting
> > messages works too.
> Any chance you might be interested in trying to make a decently working
> 'leave messages on server' facility? From RFC 1939 it_looks_ like it
> shouldbe feasible to use a POP-server unique ID to check which messages
> you already have uploaded so they don't get reloaded. However, I simply
> don't have an RFC compatible mind; every time I try to make sense of one
> of the frelling things it simply oozes out of my head. It's like reading
> page 53 of the Necronomicon - after I did, blue slime came out of my
> ears for a week....
>
> Oh, and a 'delete from server when trash is emptied' effect would be
> useful too.

I added both of these features several years ago:
http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/90.html

I updated it to work with 2.9a, although I can't find the code
now.  There have been so many Celeste changes since then that
I'm sure it wouldn't work.

I don't have time to work on this, but it might be useful as a
starting point for one of the Celeste hackers.

Joshua