[ENH] Request a little more help text for SM-Loader

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 19 07:42:01 UTC 2002

Nevin Pratt <nevin at smalltalkpro.com> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> >Another thing though - now we have 3.2.1 too. Sigh. Should I add a new
> >version on SM?
> >
> >regards, Göran
>
> Home somebody can enlighten me, but what exactly is the difference
> between 3.2.1 and 3.2?
>
> Nevin

Not very much! :-) 3.2 is frozen at... whichever update number it was.
3.2.1 is the maintenance branch for 3.2 - so that is typically what you
want. No point in staying at 3.2 besides the fact that *that* is exactly
what was released.

3.2.1 is a branch sprouting off from 3.2 so you can't update from 3.2.1
to 3.4alpha. Well, with some messing about you can surely trick the
system - but that's another story.

Anyway, I think Daniel is going to change the version number comparison
method he uses in the Package Loader for filtering so that it only
checks major.minor. This way 3.2.1 would be considered as 3.2.

regards, Göran