Classes as Packages (was: Harvesting infrastructure)

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 19 20:52:18 UTC 2002

All right, since the only fundamental difference between traits and
stateless MI is how super is interpreted, I am proposing to get rid of
super and replace it with aliasing, like in Traits.  This way the
flattening property will work in MI as well as Traits.  So now the only
difference between stateless MI and Traits is the extra level of classes
in Traits which are not needed, so I propose:
(1) remove classes and single inheritance from Traits, and
(2) make required methods of a trait access state of concrete instances
only, otherwise keep them as required.
This way traits can be instantiated and classes are not needed (a la
stateless MI)

Cheers,
Anthony