[FIX] UUID-Fix-CdG

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Nov 19 22:49:35 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> said:
>so really your makeUnixSeed, makeSeedFromSound should go in Random,
>with say
>some osVersion checking to avoid opening /dev/urandom on all the
>macintoshs and
>windows boxes in the world.

I agree. I'm just being modest - as you may have noticed, I have a bigger
output in verbs and semi-good ideas than in code, so when I get around
publishing code I try to limit the scope of the change and leave the stuff
with impact to the experts.

>Also lowering overhead at startup time is good, how many ms does this
>add if we need to load some sound microphone drivers
>powerup the stereo etc?

Is it an issue? The code is called once at the first call and then once in
100,000 UUID's.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo