socket synchronization (was "Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients")

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Nov 20 00:23:02 UTC 2002

Quoting Andreas.Raab at gmx.de:

> > Ugh.. well first off... that should be "postgresql" not "mysql
> > postgresql" :)  I typed mysql and then realized I was wrong but clearly
> > didn't make appropriate use of my backspace key.
> >
> > That said, the answer is:
> >
> > in PGConnection>>next
>
> And it makes no sense either ;-) So what happens if you take this out?!
>
>   - Andreas

Well, on windows, you get an error: 'Unknown authentication type' which is
triggered when PGConnection>>receivePacket gets a packet whose eventName is
#ErrorResponse.

I had the timeout down to 50 on my machine but if I take it right out it
doesn't work.

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)