Do I really have to rebuild the entire VM?

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Wed Nov 20 11:49:06 UTC 2002

> Then I notice that the plugin interface seems to have completely
> changed again, meaning I can't get the current B3DA plugin into my
> current VM setup, but rather have to redo everything from scratch.

Not sure what you mean. The only thing that has changed (in probably about a
year or so) was that I recently added the function glCreateRendererFlags
which replaces glCreateRenderer and takes a set of flags which indicate specific
renderer properties (the properties of the old interface specifying HW vs.
SW renderer were folded into these flags).

> Is this really so?  Why has the plugin interface changed, again?

I'm not sure what you mean by "completely changed". The interface was
changed because we had the need to specify stencil buffer availability for Croquet.
And there was no general way of doing it (in earlier versions I had an
#ifdef in the C source code which hard-coded the stencil buffer request for
Croquet builds). So I generalized the mechanism using a bunch of flags in order to
allow future extensions without modifying the interface.

Cheers,
  - Andreas

PS. It might be worthwhile for you to join the VM-dev mailing list at SF.net
where I posted a message about it. See
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1038936&forum_id=9243