SAR

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 20 15:36:16 UTC 2002

"Stephen Pair" <spair at acm.org> wrote:
> Yes, I may not be the brightest person, but I do know they are zip files and
> I know you want to put other stuff in there.
>
> What I'm proposing is to generalize things a bit and make it so that the
> file in mechanism gives you enough support that you can put a chunk of code
> at the beginning of a zip file and then manipulate that zip file in whatever
> way you want (i.e. load the change set and package members, copy images and
> other files to a certain location, etc).  That would be entirely
> complementary to the SAR conventions.
>
> - Stephen

Currently this is done throught the "preamble" file inside the .sar
file.
As Andreas said - all this works today with the only difference that you
can't just use the normal "file in" mechanism, you need to go through
the SAR installer class.

But personally I don't think that is a problem - it might even be a good
thing - we should strive in moving away from the old formats in favor of
the new ones IMHO.

regards, Göran