A few wish list items

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 20 20:05:32 UTC 2002

Hi bob

don't be too harsh with bill this is nice guy. I raised this discussion
(as usual;))
long time ago at least one or two year and I'm still here ;). I think
that this is a bit
stupid for squeak to be not compatible with other
smalltalk for such a detail. It would be good that the fileout convert
_ into :=

I did that with the prettyprinter and fileouting all the versions of
squeak I could find for
preparing some versions analysis and yes i can do it but recompiling
all the method with prettyprinter.

For me the fact that the fact that there is not a one one
correspondance between the glysh and the ascii
representation is not really good. Then the glyph does not exist in all
the fonts size....so I got
problem with the pictures of my book so I put := everywhere.

Note that the glyph looks really 70, this is good like that people
knows that Squeak is old techonology

Now seriously for me I'm fed up to see good software only running on X,
Z or Y Smalltalk dialects. So I like
when people make the effort to have dialect independent framework
(SIXX, YAXO ported to dolphin, GLORP, SWAZOO).
I think that we should try to simplify their life and you should not
tell me that typing one instead of
two keys make a difference.

Now I'm not expert but I still think that this is an important point.
Stef

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/