Can I play a .MP3 with Squeak?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 21 12:52:36 UTC 2002

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote

> 2.  I tried this, and the result was "Error: a primitive has failed.:
>   The primitive that failed was MPEGFile class>>isFileValidMPEG.
>   This was in Squeak 3.2 #4952, and I have no independent way of
>   checking whether the file _is_ a valid .mp3 or not, but it's
>   certainly not plain text, whatever it is.

Well, I can tell what you must have mpeg3Plugin in your VM folder.
But I answer long time ago about valid .mp3 files for all mp3 software on
Mac except Squeak and still waiting why don't work some .mp3

> the path to the file is right

Yes, but you can't access .mp3 files like you access other (.gif, .jpg,
,morph) because not uniform mechanism for doing things is used for whose
what pioonering Squeak vast plains.

Maybe is time to publish rules (Guides are doing terrific work) and later
birds like myself began to eat a few grains.

Edgar

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html