DVS Bootstrapping (was: Loading PackageInfo failed)

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Fri Nov 22 00:52:19 UTC 2002

Avi,
I don't understand your comment about keeping your source in DVS.
That's a given.  How is bootstrapping DVS complicated by that
requirement?

What is the hard part?  I think I'm missing something...

Derek

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 04:22 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Derek Brans wrote:
>
>> Avi,
>> That worked.  Thanks.
>> This is something you've probably thought about a lot more than I have:
>> couldn't you have some bootstrap object in DVS that told DVS to remove
>> itself from the image (minus the bootstrap object) and then filed in a
>> .st file for the new version?
>
> Yeah, it could... just not sure how worth it that is.  One of the nice
> things about keeping your source in DVS (or Monticello) is that
> rebuilding
> an image from scratch is pretty trivial.  Having to do that every time
> DVS
> is released is a bit of a pain, but no tragedy.

Nerd on a Wire: Web and Information Solutions
Website Design - Database Systems - Site Hosting
604.874.6463
mailto:info at nerdonawire.com
For more information, visit http://nerdonawire.com