B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Linux compile problems

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 22 09:23:42 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> Hi Ned,
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Ned Konz wrote:
>
> > Using the Squeak-3.2-5 stuff from Ian's site (and 3.4a), I tried to do
> > a build with all internal modules, and got this:
> >
> > B3DAcceleratorPlugin/B3DAcceleratorPlugin.a(B3DAcceleratorPlugin.o):
> > In function `primitiveCreateRendererFlags':
> > /home/ned/Squeak/Squeak-3.2-5/src/vm/intplugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/B3DAcceleratorPlugin.c:284:
> > undefined reference to `b3dxCreateRendererFlags'
>
> Strange.  My version doesn't mention b3dxCreateRendererFlags anywhere near
> line 284.

Mine does. This is the latest version from the Croquet image.

> The above is a macro defined by B3DAccelPlugin.h.

Right. Ned - you need to get the current plattforms/Cross tree from
SourceForge. Also included in my Croquet VM patches from
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/croquet/

> What kind of Unix are you using?  If I have access to something similar
> then I'll try building a completely internal VM on it later today to see
> if I can reproduce the problem.

I built my Tea VM completely internal. If I remember correctly, the only
odd problem was that "make" depends on src/plugins.ext, which is not
generated by VMMaker if all plugins are internal (I usually zap src/ and
regenerate all).

And I had to remove DropPlugin because some function was not implemented
in sqUnixDragDrop.c. Wouldn't it be better to just remove
platforms/unix/plugins/DropPlugin/ until it is implemented? Then VMMaker
sees that a platform file is missing and excludes it on its own.

-- Bert