monticello

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Nov 22 11:08:04 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> This is IMHO one of the nice things with the CVS model - all work is
> done in a WC and I don't commit anything until I am satisfied.

The model I'm actually leaning towards is one allowing distributed
repositories - so you can "commit" to a local (in memory, even)
repos, without needing to change anything on the shared server.  This has
a lot of nice properties, including what Stephen was talking about with
working on a disconnected laptop, etc.

Too tired to go into it in detail now, but I have a long Jabber log
between Colin and I that I may try to turn into a write up of the proposed
model for those that are interested.

Avi